The Center’s research program research and development plans and priorities are reviewed annually by an Advisory Board for program direction and relevance vis-a-vis national program/s.
The advisory board is chaired by the Secretary of the Department of Agriculture with the following members:
- Bureau of Plant Industry Director
- National Agricultural and Fishery Council Executive Director
- Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD) Crop Research Division Director
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) Vice Chancellor for Research and Extension (Formerly, Director for Research)
- UPLB – College of Agriculture and Food Science (CAFS) Dean
- Crop Protection Association of the Philippines President
- Fertilizer and Pesticide Authority Administrator
- Farming Sector Representative
The Center’s structure revolves around four divisions: Plant Biosecurity Division, Plant Pest Management Division, Pesticide Toxicology and Chemistry Division and Public Service Division.